Monday, May 25, 2009

Baked Beans

We had a cookout last night and Josh cooked 2 boston butts. Of course you have to have baked beans with bbq! (along with yummy potato salad and cole slaw for some)
I got the baked bean recipe from my mom a few years ago. I have always cooked it in the oven up until recently. When we first moved in the house, our stove wasn't in yet, and we had some people over for a cookout. I made them in the crockpot and they were just as good!

Here is what you need to make Baked Beans:

1 Large Onion, cut up
1 Med. Green Pepper, cut up
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
about 10 slices of bacon, cut up
2 (31 oz) cans pork and beans
1/4 cup Molasses

Mix all ingredients together and bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
Or it takes about 2-4 hours on low in a crockpot.

I had every intention of taking some pictures as I was making these. Of course I was running behind and had to rush to get everything ready and totally forgot about pictures until everyone was fixing their plates! Oh well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment