Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

My Aunt Terri sent me this recipe. I am definitely going to have to try it out. Makes me hungry just thinking about it! (Why is it that I start craving everything I see someone else eating or talking about!?!?!)

Chicken Enchiladas

What you need:

10 oz. Cream of chicken soup
8 oz. Sour cream
2 cups or more of chicken
½ cup of green onions
2 cups of cheese (I use the four cheese or Mexican mix)
8 flour tortillas (large)
1 nacho cheese soup (op)
Optional:
10 oz. Frozen broccoli (drained)
½ cup red pepper
1 small can of green chilies

How to prepare:
Mix all together including 1 cup of cheese. Then I take a can of the nacho cheese (original receipe says cream of chicken) and spread ½ the can on the bottom of the casserole dish and the other on top of tortillas before adding the remaining cheese. This keeps it from drying out in the oven. Place tortillas seam down. Cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 -25 @ 350. Take the foil off and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.

I will add a picture as soon as I make this....hopefully one night next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment